29 September 2007

Two Party System

Since Ross Perot ran for president in 1992, I have heard the argument that we should not vote for someone who does not have a chance of winning. I find this argument absurd. Most of the elephants and jackasses are funded and kept by the same zookeepers. And doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity.

This two party mindset has allowed for a handful of states to select the president through the presidential primaries. And I think that movie with
Eddie Murphy is a good example of how our representatives are elected: by name recognition, party lines, or random selection.

I vote for who I believe is the best candidate on the ballot no matter the amount of media coverage. And if I am not comfortable voting for any of the choices, I write one in.


We are not limited to Ken Blackwell and Sherrod Brown. Nor are we limited to Hillary Clinton and
Rudolph Giuliani.

And when the vice president (Cheney) goes hunting with a supreme court justice (Scalia) for a few days, or the President (Clinton & Bush) has selected justices to the White House for dinner, this government fails.


And it has been failing for a long time, because the people are no longer involved.

No comments: